If you’re like most people who are currently looking for a new transmission for their truck, you not only want to find the best transmission, you also want to find the best deal. Although getting a good deal on a newly rebuilt transmission is important, what’s more important is getting a high-quality transmission that’s going to provide you with the smooth and engaging power you’re looking for when driving your truck.
Because your transmission plays such a large role when it comes to your truck running as smoothly as it possibly can, you should definitely check out all of your available options when it comes to a rebuilt transmission.
BUYING an Allison Transmission
Because Allison certified technicians are considered to be professionals, especially when it comes to fully understanding what it takes for a successful automatic transmission rebuild, you can rest assured that your rebuilt transmission is going to completely live up to your high expectations. These certified technicians will completely disassemble your transmission, professionally inspect and clean everything, and then replace any parts that are considered to be worn and past their useful life.
After the technicians have made any and all necessary repairs and have accordingly rebuilt the transmission with a full set of new Allison OEM parts, another specially trained technician will then test the automatic transmission rebuild in order to make sure that everything is running in perfect order.
Every time an automatic transmission rebuild is performed, a dynamometer is used to test it. This testing procedure will make sure that the oil pressure and operating temperatures are exactly where they’re supposed to be, the oil flow rate is correct and all calibrations are in accordance with the necessary guidelines.
Top 5 Benefits
The top five benefits that come withBUYING a dynamometer tested rebuilt Allison transmission include:
1. Faster Repairs – When you bring your vehicle in for an automatic transmission rebuild, you can expect the repairs to be done much faster by an Authorized Allison repair facility than a non-authorized rebuilder. Trained technicians make less mistakes than non trained ones and take longer to do the complete rebuild since they are lacking OEM supplied tools and equipment.
2. Quality Repairs – We have Allison trained technicians, proper tools, OEM spec’d equipment, and by dynamometer testing each remanufactured unit it catches all major problems before the unit leaves our facility. Also, we test the transmission with a load on it as it runs through its gears compared to other companies that just run the gears till it gets hot to make sure it doesn’t leak. We run through gears so that it experiences the same load put on it on the test stand as it would in your truck to fully mimic road condition.
3. Superior Service – Only the best and most professional certified technicians are used in authorized Allison Remanufacturing facilities, which means that you can expect the most professional service when choosing an automatic transmission rebuild by Allison certified technicians.
4. Thoroughly Tested – Each and every piece of your transmission will be thoroughly inspected and tested in order to make sure that it’s doing the job it’s supposed to do. If not, it will be replaced with a brand new Allison part.
- Check shift points (automatic transmission test)
- Set shift points (automatic transmission test)
- Full and closed throttle upshift and downshift test (loaded or unloaded)
- Downshift inhibitor test
- Measure output torque (stall test)
- Locate shaft seal leaks
- Identify clutch leakage
- Check noise/vibration
- Detect mechanical binding
- Check main, clutch and converter pressure
- Monitor converter flow and temperature
- Determine converter inlet and outlet pressure
5. Authenticity – Allison authorized services encompass all of the care that you’ll need to keep your Allison transmission running smoothly and for as long as possible.• The on-site Allison Authorized technicians are current and up-to-date with the necessary service techniques and knowledge of the product. • Each location is outfitted with specialized tools and equipment and Allison Genuine Parts.
- Allison authorized service facilities have access to all of the latest technical information and factory resources.
- Our technicians are extensively trained in the entire range of Allison products, allowing them to quickly diagnose and fix the issues you may have with your transmission.
- Allison authorized service facilities keep Allison Genuine Parts in stock, so in most cases your repair won’t have to wait while parts are ordered. If parts do have to be ordered, these locations can get them straight from the factory quickly or from the Allison authorized service channel. Allison authorized service facilities distribute only Allison Genuine Parts. Allison Genuine Parts offer the precise fit and are made from only the highest quality materials that meet Allison specifications.
- Watch out for unauthorized dealers and rebuilders who say that they are using Allison Genuine Parts. Always ask to make sure they’re using ONLY Allison Genuine Parts on your Allison transmission.