Light & Medium-Duty Truck Repair
Whether you use your truck for work, transportation, or both, you need it to be reliable and efficient. Consolidated Truck Parts & Service offers comprehensive repair and maintenance services for light and medium-duty trucks.
Even if you keep your pickup truck well-maintained, it will eventually need repairs. Certain parts, such as brakes, belts, and hoses, are considered wear-and-tear parts that need replacing after so many miles.
Good thing Consolidated Truck Parts & Service is here. We have shops in Many, Monroe, and Alexandria in Louisiana, all providing light and medium-duty truck repair services.
Our technicians work on a wide range of light and medium-duty trucks, including pickup, delivery, box, cargo vans, flatbed, and tow trucks. We also work on various truck brands, including Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, and Isuzu.
Light Duty Truck vs. Medium Duty Trucks
Each truck type has classes depending on the gross weight. The gross weight includes the payload—passengers, the truck’s weight, and whatever the truck is hauling.
Light-duty trucks are mostly full-size and compact pickup trucks. They fall into classes 1 to 3, with the following weights:
- Class 1: up to 6,000 pounds (examples: Chevrolet Colorado, Ford Ranger, and RAM 1500 Classic)
- Class 2A: 6,001 to 8,500 pounds (examples: Ford F-150, RAM 1500, and Chevrolet Silverado 1500)
- Class 2B: 8,501 to 10,000 pounds (examples: Chevrolet Silverado 2500, RAM 2500, and Ford F-250.
- Class 3: 10,001 to 14,000 pounds (examples: RAM 3500, Ford F-350, and Chevrolet Silverado 3500)
Medium-duty trucks are heavier and could be gas-powered or diesel-powered. They fall into classes 4 to 6:
- Class 4: 14,001 to 16,000 pounds (examples: RAM 4500 and Ford F-450)
- Class 5: 16,001 to 19,500 pounds (examples: Ford F-550 and RAM 5500)
- Class 6: 19,501 to 26,000 pounds (example: Ford F-650)
(Heavy-duty trucks comprise the higher-weight classes 7 and 8, mostly running on diesel engines.)
Our Light & Medium Duty-Truck Repair Services
Finding a truck repair technician you can trust can be challenging. But at Consolidated Truck Parts & Service, you’ll be glad to know we have been repairing trucks since the 1950s. A shop doesn’t stick around that long or grow to several locations if the technicians aren’t good at what they do.
Consolidated Truck Parts & Services offer a wide range of repair and maintenance services geared for light and medium-duty trucks of various makes and models:
- Diagnostics: This service aims to identify and address potential problems early before they become more severe and costly. We use advanced tools and OE software to diagnose the engine, brakes, suspension, and other critical components.
- Preventative Maintenance: We offer routine maintenance services, including oil changes, brake inspections, fluid checks, tire rotations, and more. Regular maintenance helps prevent costly breakdowns and extends the life of your truck.
- Electrical Repairs: Our technicians can diagnose and repair issues with your truck’s electrical and electronic systems, including batteries, alternators, starters, etc.
- Suspension & Steering Repairs: We can fix any problems with your truck’s suspension or steering, including shocks, struts, tie rods, ball joints, and more.
- Engine Repairs: We offer a full range of engine repair services, from minor tune-ups to major overhauls. We can diagnose and repair issues with your engine, such as overheating, misfires, low power, and more.
- Transmission Repairs: Our team can diagnose and repair issues with your truck’s transmission, including slipping gears, shifting problems, and more.
- Brake Repair: We offer complete brake repair services, including pad and rotor replacement, brake fluid flushes, and more. We use top-quality parts to ensure your brakes are reliable and safe.
Schedule Your Light & Medium-Duty Truck Repair Today
If you need reliable and efficient truck repair services, look no further than Consolidated Truck Parts & Service. We have the expertise, experience, and capability to work on light and medium-duty trucks of all makes and models.
We use the latest diagnostic tools and equipment to ensure accurate and efficient repairs. We use only top-quality parts from reputable manufacturers to ensure your truck is reliable and safe. Moreover, our Alexandria, Monroe, and Many service centers are conveniently located and easily accessible in Louisiana and nearby areas.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment. We’ll gladly assist you in getting your truck back on the road quickly.